How to Make a Cheap Natural Whooping Cough Syrup at Home
Whooping cough, or pertussis, is a bacterial infection during which intense acts of coughing are accompanied most likely by a purple or bluish face, phlegma in the lung area, anxiety and vomiting. Whooping cough can become dangerous, expecially in young children as well as the elderly, and should be treated by way of a medical profession; however, some natural cough syrups will help shorten a bout associated with whooping cough and enable you to cope with the signs and symptoms. Read on to discover ways to treat whooping cough using a natural whooping cough syrup.
Things Needed To Make The Whooping Cough Syrup
- Osha root
- Grape juice
- Marshmallow root
- Slippery elm throat lozenges
Here Are The Instructions:
- 1. Take four glasses of water to a steam, add one tbsp. of osha root as well as 1 tbsp. of marshmallow root and let the mixture to steep covered and off heat for a minimum of 20 mins. Drink 1 cup of the soothing tea at least 3 times a day to aid expel mucus and limit coughing problems due to the whooping cough. This is the first step to making the natural whooping cough syrup.
- 2. Make use of slippery elm throat lozenges as frequently as needed to help soothe an unpleasant cough. Slippery elm lozenges can easily be bought in most health food stores and frequently contain licorice root too, another natural medicine which might be beneficial in the treatment method of whooping cough. This isn`t a step of making the whooping cough syrup, but it really helps recovery.
- 3. Combine 1 tbsp. of raw honey straight into 1 cup of new grape juice and drink 2 or 3 times a day to help you treat whooping cough. Grapes are a natural expectorant and definately will help eliminate phlegma from the lungs, while honey has natural antibacterial properties which will help treat the bacterial infection that triggers pertussis. Don`t neglect this step. It`s very important if you want to stop your whooping cough.
- 4. Produce a natural whooping cough syrup simply by grinding 7 tbsp. of raisins and placing them inside a small saucepan. Add 7 tbsp. of honey and after that cover the mixture with drinking water. Simmer the raisins along with the honey until it obtains a thick sauce-like uniformity. Store in an airtight jar inside the refrigerator and take 1 tbsp. each night before sleep. This is one of the most important steps in the whooping cough syrup treatment.
- 5. Try to eat an all fruit diet to help you fight whooping cough. Fruits are rich in minerals and vitamins that the body must have to heal. They are easy to digest and definately will help the body to eliminate bacteria and toxins present due to pertussis, working better than any kind of whooping cough syrup, natural or not. Continue with this all fruit diet even if your cough stops, for how long you can. It`s healthy and will enhance your immunitary system.
You don`t know if your cough is pertussis ? Browse around our website, you`ll find anything you need to give a name to your cough and find the best cough syrup to fight it.